When you know it’s time to make a serious change to your diet, your lifestyle and even your state of mind, there’s no quicker, easier way to do it than with personal, one on one coaching support.
You already know what to do. Even with all of the differences of opinion among the experts we can all pretty much agree that we should all be:
- exercising regularly and effectively
- eating less processed sugar and other processed foods
- eating more vegetables
- sleeping at least 8 hours a night
- meditating or getting into a state of flow regularly
- getting outside regularly
- not overdoing alcohol, coffee or addictive substances
and finding a way to deal with stress effectively.
No, it’s not knowing what to do that’s the problem. It’s doing it. That’s where coaching comes in. Having a support system is vital to making any major change and unfortunately, our friends and family often aren’t well-suited to that task.
I’d love to support you through the process of making the changes you’ve always known you should make but just haven’t been able to implement (because you’re human!).
Maybe you’re confused by all the conflicting nutrition advice we’re bombarded with these days. It can be tough to figure out who’s “right” and how you should be eating for health. Low fat? Low carb? High protein? Paleo? Mediterranean? Vegetarian? Vegan?
I’m committed to staying current in my unbiased, holistic nutrition education so I can help you see through the hype and interpret the latest in nutritional science. My training focuses on whole, live, local, good-quality foods that nourish our bodies, minds and spirits. The first rule of holistic nutrition is to eat food that goes bad, but eat it before it does! Even better if you can eat the freshest, most sustainably-raised foods you can find from the grower’s in or near your community!
Maybe you’ve been exercising but aren’t getting any results. That can be tricky too. Exercise can be a double-edged sword. If you’re doing the wrong type, or even too much of the right type, it becomes a stressor rather than a stress-reducer. There’s a paradigm shift happening in the fitness world right now, and only those on the leading edge are even aware of it. We’re looking for the minimum effective dose and are learning how to make our fitness programs as efficient as possible. More is not better. I’ll teach you EXACTLY what you need to do to maintain a very high level of fitness without spending hours doing boring exercise!
Maybe the needs or preferences of your family have made it too difficult for you to transition to a whole foods diet. That can be understandable. It may seem like you shouldn’t try to make them change what they’re eating just because you want or need to, but I’ll teach you how to shift your thinking and gradually transition your entire family to a whole foods diet that will nourish all of you. Most people seek out a diet change because of nagging health problems, and often think their children are fine and they don’t need to eat better, but I like to remind people that the issues plaguing you will eventually catch up with them too. Our entire body is built out of the nutrients our food provides and that’s even more important during our developmental period. Proper nutrition is TOO important to leave to chance and the best time to teach kids how to eat well is when they’re young and by example.
Maybe you’re just so busy that you don’t even know where to start to improve your health through diet and lifestyle. That’s where practical advice like a grocery store trip, a cooking lesson and meal plans can make this transition not only do-able, but actually FUN!
Here’s what our first 40 days together typically looks like:
- The Assessment. We’ll spend 90 minutes together to get a handle on your health history, your lifestyle factors and what you’re eating now, Then we’ll discuss the changes I recommend and make a plan together on how to get started. We’ll talk about the possibility of doing an elimination diet that removes all of the most inflammatory foods from your life for 30 days, whether that’s do-able for you at the moment or if you’d prefer a more gradual approach. The benefits of an elimination diet are that those nagging health issues are often vastly improved or may even recede completely when we stop all the inflammatory foods and take steps to heal the gut, but it’s not right for everyone, so we’ll discuss it and decide together what the right approach is for you. In some cases, your naturopathic doctor or functional medical practitioner may have told you that you need to do a SIBO diet, an allergy elimination diet, an autoimmunity diet, or an anti-inflammatory diet and you need support to get through that!
- The Kitchen Purge. If you opt for the elimination diet approach, you’ll go through your kitchen cupboards and remove the foods that you don’t want to have on hand while we’re helping you transition to a healing, anti inflammatory diet. In general, I’ll teach you how to read labels and how to tell if the foods in your kitchen should stay or if they should come with a warning label.
- The Re-Stock. We’ll meet at the grocery store, and possibly the health food store and get you stocked you up on some new nourishing foods you’re going to add to your diet. I’ll help you find the best quality meat you can afford, and a source for good quality eggs, fish and poultry from local producers whenever possible.
- The Food Prep. I’ll give you recipes, meal plans and ideas for incorporating these nourishing foods into your regular diet and you’ll spend some time in the kitchen learning how to prepare these healthy vittles with lots of support and encouragement from me!
- You’ll get a huge Resource Package that includes:
- Loads of recipes
- The How-to booklet
- At-a-glance templates of what to eat and what to be cautious with or avoid if you’re doing an elimination diet
- Food charts and lists
- Shopping lists
- Week one we’ll meet again and go over:
- Your progress and questions. Where you may be having difficulty or aren’t sure what or when to eat.
- Cravings. They ARE going to happen, but I have a ton of tools to deal with them including EFT Tapping, one of the most powerful interventions for cravings that you can learn to apply yourself.
- Week two:
- Monitor progress and questions. I’m here to support you wherever you need it.
- We begin talking about creating a healthy body mindset and exercise.
- Week three:
- Supplementation Protocol based on your dietary needs and nutritional symptomology reports to make sure you’re being optimally nourished.
- A crash course on the basics of human nutrition: learning about macronutrients/micronutrients and how to choose the best quality food.
- Week four:
- Sleep is a fundamental piece of the health picture, so we’ll talk about how to optimize it and put some strategies in place to improve yours.
- Week five:
- It’s time to think about how we’re going to systematically re-introduce at least some of the inflammatory foods we’ve removed from your diet so you can get a VERY clear picture about how YOUR body reacts to these foods. When we are nourished by a whole foods diet, it truly makes us feel amazing, and when you see how certain foods can really impact your health, it’s an incredible motivator to ditch some foods for good and stick to your whole foods diet most of the time. I’m not an advocate for being overly restrictive with food. I don’t like to set hard lines and I want you to feel free to eat whatever you want, whenever you want. At the same time, I want you to experience the difference a whole-foods diet can make and understand the connection between health and and food. When you own this knowledge, making choices that support your health becomes natural.
- Week six:
- A healthy relationship with food is pivotal to your long-term success. Here we begin to look at when and why you might be eating foods that you really don’t want to eat, but you might feel powerless around them. Stress, addictive foods, sleep deprivation or too much exercise are just a few of the concepts we’ll explore. We’ll also look more deeply at feelings of restriction or deprivation that might be getting in your way.
- Week seven:
- Here we map out the next steps on your optimal health journey with the dynamic balance assessment.
- Is it time to change up your exercise routine?
- Do you want to start a meditation practice?
- Does your stress-management system need some work?
- Do your relationships need some attention?
- We’ll also make sure you’re clear about how to continue to eat in a way that supports your health that you can sustain for the rest of your life.
- Here we map out the next steps on your optimal health journey with the dynamic balance assessment.
Here’s what you can expect from our time together:
- Fat loss. Although I don’t recommend changing your diet to lose weight alone, (I like to help my clients understand that there’s SO much more waiting for them than a smaller pant size) when you switch to eating whole foods, it’s very likely that you will lose body fat. How much depends on a lot of factors, but most people lose 5-7 pounds in the first month.
- Invaluable education on evolutionary nutrition, how your body reacts to food and what types of foods are best for your health and your waistline so you NEVER buy into another diet or weight loss program again. After this program you will KNOW what to eat to optimize your body and your health and that knowledge is YOURS forever.
- Permanent shifts in the way you think about food, restriction and deprivation
- Permanent shifts in the way you feel about your body
- Permanent shifts in the way you feel about exercise
- Permanent changes towards a healthier lifestyle that will make you feel fantastic
- Invaluable education in EFT that can be applied to virtually EVERY area of your life that will set you free, make you happier and enrich your life
- Better sleep
- Better energy
- Clearer skin
- Better moods
- More motivation and willpower
- Knowledge that will continue to support you and bring benefits into your life, and the lives of the people close to you, for the rest of your life
- A shift in how you think about health and how to make it a priority without losing out in other areas of your life
I’m not going to lie to you, switching to a whole foods diet does require time, energy effort. But ask anyone that’s done it before you and they’ll tell you it’s SO worth it!
If this sounds like the coaching and support you’ve been looking for, leave me your contact info and I’ll be in touch to let you know when we can get started with a free consultation!
$90/hour + hst. Holistic nutrition services may be covered by some private health plans, check yours to see if you have coverage! P.S. Holistic nutrition services are very different from a dietician or a clinical nutritionist, so you’ll likely have to contact them to see if you have coverage.